Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Little Sunshine

As the dark leeches in,
Making dark of what once was light
The sun loses it's battle
And sinks into the night.

The day winds slowly calm,
And eases the night's light breeze
Bringing sounds of the night
To put the day to sleep

A soft and gentle lullaby
The leaves will sweetly sing
Whistling through the window

In my ear it rings.

"Go to sleep now
Let the day go
Tomorrow will be better
More than you know"

My eye lids flutter slightly
As I listen to the song
I let my eye lids meet
For I know sleep won't be long

Whistling once again
I hear the night wind say:
"Tomorrow when I quiet
And let begin the Day...

There'll be a little sunshine
And then my dear you'll know..."
My eyes lift oh-so-slightly
And I raise my weary brow

To my surprise I look around
And see I missed the night
But looking out my window
I see a wonderous sight

There is a little sunshine
It warms my face and I wait
I remember the night wind's lullaby
And so begin my day

I allow myself to smile a bit
As I let the sunshine in
It only takes a little sunshine,
For the "Good Days" to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment